Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Super blogging!

That is what I am going to have to do to get you up to speed on what has been happening around here lately! First things first though, and that would mean thank yous! First to start we had a yummy meal of fried chicken with all of the fixings brought by Cathy Carpenter. She came quite a ways to bring us our meal and it was deeply appreciated on this day as I was having some issues with A and P that were keeping me quite busy. After that Michelle Croegert brought us a very kid-friendly meal that we all enjoyed! I was grateful to hear the cheers about all that she brought! Thank you Michelle for bringing us Joe's meal every week too, you are a dear! On Mother's Day I was treated to a meal of brats and fixings, from Ted and Mary Kanavas, it was a real treat! Thank you so much! I know that was a busy weekend for you and I appreciate you taking time for us to make a meal and bring it over!

Then I must let you know about the generosity of our nearby church Holy Apostles. I have been so touched by all of their efforts towards our family... The fifth grade class had a bake sale to raise money for our family. With the money they raised they brought over 12 (yes 12!!!) meals from Dinners by Design. This food is not only healthy and like homemade, it tastes so good. We have loved everything we have tried! What a great thing to just pull out a meal on those days when you don't know what to fix that night. We really have enjoyed every meal so far. I truly am humbled by their efforts to help us...

If that was not enough, on the same day some of the Holy Apostle's girl scouts and their mother's came over to weed and clean the yard. It REALLY needed it!! I certainly have not had the time to keep up on the yard maintenance. When I came home, it looked like a whole new yard! They even planted flowers which I can look out at when I have my coffee in the morning on the brown chair. Later that night your father mowed the lawn and well, it just looked beautiful when it was done!

Thank you to everyone for your continued help! Now as was promised, I am going to post some pictures of thing blooming in the yard like you had hoped. I will continue to get them as they bloom.

The cherry blossoms


The sour cherry tree


Wine Lilac


What I did to the strawberry patch

No comments: