Friday, December 21, 2007

Chula Vista

O.k., onto why I did not get any sleep last night... Mark's mother is generous enough to take all of the families to a waterpark every year right around Christmas time and this year it was at Chula Vista waterpark! We all were looking forward to this very much and with Mark's sister Laura helping us out we made it work! Thank you so much to your brothers and sisters, they all were very helpful, but a special thanks to Laura for missing out on some extra fun and sleep!:) Anyways, everything was going well until 1:00 am when P woke up with a very high fever. Of course I had not packed medicine (why would an experienced mother of six do that?), so I went down to the bar with my sick baby to find out where I could get some. A WalMart 10 mns away was the only place, thank goodness Laura was there to stay with the children. After getting the medicine, P and I hung out on the couch in the lobby all night, seeing as she would not sleep and I did not want to wake the others. Hey, that night guard and I had some great conversation!! As much as the little voice in my head kept on telling me I needed sleep, I couldn't help but savor that time for what it was. Quiet, peaceful time, holding my baby on a soft leather couch in front of a cozy fire, soft Christmas music in the background. In the end it was a blessed time of peace and prayer I otherwise would never had found the time for. God is good!

1 comment:

Cathy Hutchison said...

What a cool blog...

I found it randomly by hitting the "next blog" button.

My husband served a hardship tour in Panama right after Just Cause. Then after a year, Chase and I went to join him.

Mark--if you are reading this--thank you for serving. And Mary, thank you for serving too.