Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Starting off with a bang!

I can't believe how many major things have happened in the short time that you have been gone. Things that make me realize how much I miss you... here are a few to share...


1. M lost his tooth, I was so glad to be able to speak to you about the name of his tooth fairy. You are the one who makes up the great names.;) I was just glad I remembered to put the money under his pillow (even if it was 3:30 AM when I remembered!)


2. The girls realized that Santa Claus is not who they thought he was. This was the discussion you had all planned out and were supposed to have with them! You knew exactly what you were going to say! Oh well, I did the best I could and think I did o.k., but you have a way of keeping things special, whereas I just kind of say it for what it is.


3. Um, six kids throwing up all at the same time, literally starting within minutes of each other? We do not have that many toilets! IT WAS NOT FUN!!! I had to leave C (our 2 yr old) alone with a bowl to fend for herself so I could help P(our eight month old). As you can imagine A (our 4 yr old)was as dramatic as could be about it all and M and B just did their thing without any help. Surprisingly J (10 yr old) worked it out on her own, I'm sure knowing ther was no alternative. The next day I had them spread out on the living room floor in their sleeping bags,(most of them still throwing up) and they spent the day there moaning and groaning. At one point, M asked aloud, " Mom, why did God do this to us!!!". I didn't have much of an answer as I felt myself coming down with it too. I was so worried about P, she was getting so dehydrated! The next morning, our pediatrician's wife ( and very good friend) dropped off a bag full of supplies for just this type of sickness, some recommended by the doctor (Pedialyte, chicken soup) and some recommended by mothers (popsicles, jello, and a bag of chocolates for when all is well):) Thanks J!!! I appreciate it so much!!


Here is P two days later, not fully recouperated but much better! (notice the pajamas?)

No comments: