Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A thank you

A thank you goes out to two women from the greater Milwaukee Republican women for bringing us wonderful meals!


Stepanie, your Chicken Divan was divine! And the chocolate cake, wow, (I'm embarrassed to say I have never made chocolate cake from scratch) it was the real stuff and soooo good!


Karisue, again wonderful homemade food, enough chicken soup to last us a while. When they came to drop this off her husband exclaimed that it was the best chicken soup ever, and well I would not argue, it was wonderful! And the homemade brownies were a hit!

Now, I thought I was supposed to be losing weight when a husband is deployed, not gaining it!! :)

Thank you also to my very good friends J and C for the meals they sent home with me. These were completely unexpected and so needed! It saved me last week when things got really hectic around here. Love you guys!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi Mary!

I'm so glad Deb from the Greater Milwaukee Republican Women's Club passed on your blog address. It's very BEAUTIFUL! I’m so impressed with your skills as a photographer, writer, web designer, time manager & most importantly, your kid’s Mom. Brava, Mary!

I've included my chocolate cake recipe just in case you ever find the time to try making one from scratch. It's so simple, I try to share it with busy Moms as often as possible!

EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE

3c flour
2c sugar
3t baking soda
1-1/4t salt
6TBLS cocoa powder
2c water
2/3c oil
3TBLS apple cider vinegar
1TBLS vanilla flavoring

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add vinegar & vanilla to the water before adding water & oil to the dry ingredients. Hand mix for a dense, snack cake-like texture. Beat at MED speed 3 minutes for a more standard cake texture. Batter may be thin. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool & frost. ENJOY!... the cake and people thinking that you worked a lot harder than you did!

Praying for Mark, You & the kids!

-Stephanie