Wednesday, January 9, 2008

God's goodness to us!



Do you remember the winter wonderland you left? It is completely gone!! Today was a gorgeous day and had the hintings of a very new spring, it definitely lifted my spirits! I hear that there is snow ( a lot of it of course) in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday, we will have to wait a long time before we really get spring!

I wanted to make sure I said some more thank yous that are definitely well-deserving out there! It is a great joy to say that your family has been wonderful to us, I know I can count on them! L picked up M for his class on Sat., which was a huge help while being sick and A came early Monday morning for our "false alarm" with M. A also ran over some soup and bread today, which is always a great comfort. Do you know what was so neat about A? When I told her not to come because of the sickness in the house, she said, "who cares, I'll be there anyways!". Completely selfless, that is what that is!

And what would life be without our wonderful Italian neighbor!! She is always there for me! She helped me out with some groceries this week, but even more she gives our G some get away time and me a big break when he stays at their house, it seems to work out well for all of us! Most importantly is how she never fails to make me laugh! I know you must be missing me telling you the funny things she says, to know her is to LOVE her!!

M Schmidt has helped our A so much this year by opening her home and giving of her time to him, and in turn that has helped me!! She was there for me on Monday, picking up A and keeping him for the day! When he came home you could tell his spirit was lifted, I appreciate that so much! And her help with M is beyond what she needs to do, but every little bit helps things not get too overwhelming , I can't tell you how much I appreciate her being the "boy's helper" this year!

Our good friend N is vigilant in checking up on us and making sure all is well. She is one of the most selfless people I know. From bringing over a meal, buying groceries for me, to constantly offering her time to give me a break, I appreciate her so much! She has been very flexible with my many schedule changes too! Thanks N, I can't wait until we have some time to talk about the fun stuff (cameras, lenses, great light....) :)

Last, but not least, a huge thank you goes out to my devoted mother. I have been so blessed with the relationship I have with her. While not physically able to be here with us she has gone to bat for us in prayer! She is fully with us in her heart and we can count on her prayers. She recently went through very difficult eye surgery and she offered all of her prayers and sufferings for us, this is no small thing, I believe in the power of prayer. Her surgery was scheduled the same day as Mark's departure, there are no coincidences with the Lord!

And so you see, we are sooo blessed! And as difficult as it can be to accept help sometimes (o.k., every time), it also makes me believe in the goodness in people, but most of all in the goodness of God! I am so grateful for the way that He takes care of us. I am so grateful for all of the good people we know who are willing to be His hands, His feet, His kind words, His kind actions!

No comments: