Sunday, January 27, 2008

Some wonderful women!

As much as I miss you and do not enjoy this time with you away, I have to say that I am really enjoying getting to meet so many different people. So many people, all with different stories, but all with a tenderness of heart and a generous spirit. Our lives are blessed because of them!

The Republican women contine to come through for us, it means so much to have that meal on Sunday, I truly can make it a day of rest!

Thank yous go to Karen Albers for a wonderful meal with all of the details taken care of. She thought of everything and we loved it! Those oatmeal cookies lasted a week and went in the children's lunches, it was perfect!

Can you imagine coming home to the aroma of rosemary-lemon chicken with roast potatoes and carrots? Now picture two plates of homemade brownies sitting next to that and that is what we saw when we came home that Sunday! What a comfort that was! It was incredible, with lemons in the cavity and fresh rosemary, so, so yummy!! I am only sorry I missed you Shelly, thank you so much!

Vicky Ostry and I had a wonderful time together visiting and well, giving me a chance to have adult conversation! Thank you for taking the time Vicky, I enjoyed it so much!

Cathy Waller came by with a wonderful Italian meal today, unfortunately I missed her because of M's meet. It was perfect coming home to a meal ready made so I did not have to think about it, trust me I was exhausted! It was delicious and a meal the children really love, thank you Cathy!

We also had Doris Fons from J Westphal's group come this week. She brought over some tortilla soup (my favorite) and sides. I really enjoyed meeting her, she has some interesting history from WWII that she shared. I am learning so much from the people who come to visit! Thank you Doris for the wonderful meal and taking the time!

We also had our good friends Anne and Chris Wolfe stop by with a meal today, again I missed them because of the meet! Thank you for taking the time and for the yummy meal!

I know it may seem like a lot but trust me, every single meal is so appreciated! It is just one less thing I have to think about and trust me I can use that. I am definitely feeling the pressure of being the only parent, so instead of cooking I can be attentive to my other wonderful duties such as disciplining and loving and disciplining and loving and still more disciplining and loving!!!

No comments: