Monday, January 14, 2008

My Grandfather's example

My grandfather served in WWII and is a great inspiration to Mark. He was a wonderful, virtuous man who believed in serving God and your country. While visiting my parents, Mark has spent time poring over my grandfather's letters to my grandmother, which were saved by my mother. My mother has since put them on a blog. My mother always remarks at how much Mark is like my grandfather and it is really true, I think if Grandpa could have met him they would have gotten along real well. The link to the blog is here:

http://dearestmarie.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

I have linked it to one of my favorite letters from my Grandpa under "A Beginning" at the very bottom of the page.

1 comment:

love2learnmom said...

What a beautiful idea to share your grandfather's letters! I can't wait to read more!