Thursday, March 13, 2008

The LAST time..

I am going to tell you about how we were sick for the very last time! I do not believe it would even be possible to get any more illnesses! It was a long and very painful sickness for all of us, there is no way there could be more in store, I cannot even imagine any more. My plans are to never write "we were sick..." ever again on this blog!! That is my plan and I'm sticking to it!

And so as you know, we were sick again. It was over two weeks and it consisted of days of high fever for all of us. No fun, no fun at all. All I could think of while going through it was that at some point I might be a normal mother and do normal things like buy my own groceries and maybe take a walk someday. Pathetic, I know, but remember, we just got through the roto virus and so I literally have not been out of my house much for over a month!

I do have to say, we truly are blessed with the people who came through for us, again!! I never could have imagined the type of support we have. It sure makes things easier for me to know that at any moment I am not alone and I have people who care and want to help. Luonne and Marilyn from the Republican women came and brought us a wonderful meal again, these women are troopers!! Thank you for being there for us! We were blessed by Moira's yummy soup, she really has a knack for being there when there is a need! Our good friend Julia Westphal came and brought an incredible meal! I told you before she is a supermom, well this meal just proved it! WoW! We loved every bite Julia! She also brought some balloons for C's birthday and some beautiful tulips that have cheered me up all week long! Then on to Bridget Fassett from the Republican women brought one of your favorite meals, chicken parmesan. It was wonderful, thank you Bridget!

I would be remiss if I did not make special mention of the people who helped out while I was down with the sickness. Amy, I could not have done it without you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Amy helped take care of the children so I could try and fight off the fever and was here so I could run to the doctors. Laura S, you are an incredible friend. Laura ran out and got me groceries, made soup and took over some of my duties for the school auction. All of the people from school who took over my duties at the auction, especially Mary Cobb and Julie McDevitt. To Julie Swietlik, thank you for the incredible meal and tulips, but most importantly for"being there" for me, you are a true friend! Mary Jo came through again and bought groceries for us when I was in great need, thank you MJ! And last but not least, those wonderful neighbors the Schoepkes came through again for us! They provided us with many comforts as well as necessities all as a gift to us, I cannot thank you enough! There are many times during the day that I think of your kindness to us and feel, well, special!

I am going to post a couple pictures of C's birthday. It was kind of a sad party since no one could come because of the sickness. You can tell she is sick in the pictures. I plan on making it up to her at some point though and when I do I'll take some pic's of that! I couldn't get all of the pictures posted tonight since my camera battery died, the rest will come later.

here she is resting during her "party"



Her sisters visiting with her





She enjoyed the fairy costume she got



Her sisters even made sure she had "stick-on" earrings to make her feel special





those lovely tulips that made me smile all week!

2 comments:

M.E. said...

Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear you all were sick again! But it's inspiring to hear of all those who are helping you get through this. You all are in our nightly prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot Mary! SIck again? We were sick too, so I haven't had a chance to call...you poor kid! Hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

OXOX Julia