Monday, February 4, 2008

My photography

I am spending a lot of time studying my technique with photography while you are gone. I always feel like there is so much more to learn. My goals this year are to get some technical issues down, work on my composition and using the rule of thirds, but most of all I want to work on capturing pictures that tell a story and capture emotion. I love this picture of a friend of mine and her baby below, I need to train myself to sit back and wait for the moment, not try and make it happen. It is a different approach. So no more telling the children to sit down and pose, I want to capture them for who they are and what they are doing this year. I want you to feel as if you have shared in the moment...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture--it's exactly what I wanted when Lucy was a baby, but the photographer either didn't understand what I meant or how to take the pic.